I originally planned to make this romper in re-purposed denim but it seems that my pre-baby jeans are too narrow to fit this pattern. My brain's currently working on some patchwork style solutions to turn my stash of discarded denim into cuteness but that will have to wait for another day.
I've learnt from experience that it's generally best to make up a pattern roughly as directed before going off the rails with my own versions. So I had a rummage and found this forgotten navy corduroy.
It had been shoved to the bottom of the pile because it reminds me of my childhood sofa - cringe! But for some reason it really appeals to me as a toddler romper. So here goes . .
I started by completely ignoring the contrasting hem. I'm not a fan so I used the hem for the pants view A even though I'm making the romper view C.
So it's straight into the inside leg seams.
Then the centre seam.
Attaching the interfaced bib.
The back waist band.
With elastic inserted.
Bib lining - so glad I saved this tiny scrap!
Sewn onto the back of the bib.
Turned, pressed and button holes added.
Straps sewn, turned and pressed.
Sewn into place.
Which is then sewn into place.
This was actually super easy to put together. Apart from cutting the pattern pieces I completed it in a couple of hours.
After trying it on Little Miss I saw that it's far too big but the pants look neat turned up and an extra couple of buttons neatly shortened the straps.
I'm joining the following link parties: