Saturday, 1 April 2017

Simplicity 1470 Sewing Project - Romper in Powder Blue Velour

Isn't this pattern just too cute!!!



I made the romper (view C) in a lovely blue velour I found in my stash.  For the contrasting bits I used some gorgeous white poplin that I had a few scraps of.  

As alway my ambitions exceed my time limitations and I didn't open this pattern until Little Liss had grown into the large size.  By the time I finished making it she's verging on growing out of it - Grr.  I'm determined to plan further ahead in future!!


I found the bodice pretty tough as it's fully lined.  But the instructions are clear so it's just a matter of working through them.  

The neckline was the hardest part to get right - I need a sign above my sewing machine; "Press, Press, Press".  I'm afraid it's a pretty poor job.  I top stitched it in the hopes of neatening it up a bit.  


Apart from that it came together nicely and was pretty straightforward.  

The result is adorable and was much admired at baby group.  



No comments:

Post a Comment