Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Hot Diggity Dog Goes to the Seaside

I've been a very lazy blogger these past couple of weeks.  My attention has been taken up by a much bigger craft project, the final stages of the five year long renovation project that will result in a lovely little house. 

 The building work is finally finished and the grand clean up is well underway.  I have developed a passionate hatred of plaster dust!  

The first three coats of paint are on the living room walls and a fabulously smooth finish if I do say so myself.   A long way to go yet but it already looks like a lovely home in dire need of decorating instead of a building site.   

I'm hosting the latest Noah's Ark Challenge over on DoCrafts and it would be such bad form to skip a challenge I'm hosting so I made a point of putting my paintbrush down for one evening.  

I think it did me good to focus on something different for a few hours.  I'm missing my paper crafting already.  I can see a bit of an obsessive come back on the horizon!

I set a theme of transport for this one so how could I not use this gorgeous stamp!  It's getting on a bit now but it's still one of my firm favorites.


Products Used:
Hot Diggity Dog Greeting Tags
Pearls included with Carousel

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. Bridie this is lovely. I really like your shading, and the dimension you have created with the bakers twine.

    I do hope you will be posting some pics of your renovated home?

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Bridie, I like the scene and the design.
    kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Bridie!! I love how you have created the background with the twine - the colours are fab. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card Bridie, I love the twine detail and lovely summer image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card really made me smile - fab image and just perfect for our "Creature Comforts" dare this week. Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, fun, card, thank you for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles this week, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafts 4 eternity hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image and fab card, thanks for playing along at Crafty Cardmakers, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting design and gorgeous card. Thanks for joining Crafty Cardmakers' challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fab card, love the twine detail on the background - great texture. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Cardmakers. Good luck with the renovation! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete